Friday, November 01, 2013

Izzy Gallegos ("US5", former band from Lou Pearlman) September, 23.2011

We can not find the Questions of our Inteview with Izzy. But we still have his answers and thats what matters, right?  ;) Enjoy it!
-

1. I found out that Transcon and Lou Pearlman were holding open auditions for a new group from a friend of a friend. This was one month after my former group "Exact" had officially broken up, so it was perfect timing. That was at the beginning of 2005 in January. I didn't have many expectations, just a lot of hope haha.

2. The audition process for US5 was also filmed from the very beginning. my audition was filmed as well as everyone else. I guess they just didn't use the footage for our tv show "Big in America". The whole process was very similar to the "Making the Band" process. I remember watching "Making the Band" on tv and thiking "One day that will be me".

3. To be honest, I never felt like a labor rat during the audition process. I did get that feeling though, after the band was already put together and we were on the road touring. There was a few times that someone in management would make such threats and make you feel replaceable. but after time I realized there is no one in this world that can replace me!

4. I don't think there are any comparisons between O-Town and US5. we were two completely different groups with two completely different identities and two completely different sounds. I think the only similarities would be that we were both formed on television by Lou Pearlman. (and maybe the fact that Jacob and I both had dreadlocks lol). but I feel O-Town and US5 were unique in our own ways. I definitely respected O-Town on a musical level. especially with thier 2nd album. I thought that was a great album! probably one of my favorite ever put out by a "boyband".

5. I think it's great O-Town decided to start a comeback. As far as a comeback with US5...I think it is too soon to start thinking about a comeback. US5 has only officially been broken up for a little over a year, and I think it's important for all of us(US5) to try new outlets and adventures on a personal level. For example, I have formed a new music project called "Taylor Made", and that gives me a chance to do something different, and not be limited musically. We have a much different sound and I am excited to try something new after being with US5 for over 6 years. I think in order to have a successful comeback, you must give ample time away to give the public time to actually miss you. but I guess since Ashley has no interest in the comeback, I guess I will have to fill in for him! lol

6. No I have never regret to work with Lou Pearlman. I would'nt be here today if Lou and Transcon had never picked me up. I know many people feel nagatively and hold a grudge against Lou, but I personally don't have anything bad to say about him. I do believe if he didn't get caught up and arrested, that US5 would have had a huge chance to continue in the states and be as successful as we were in Europe and Asia.

7. I have recently formed a new musical project that consists myself and two other guys. we call ourselves "Taylor Made", after the term tailormade, which means "to be a perfect fit". each of us brings something different and unique to the table. from Rock, to Soul and R&b, to Rap, and Pop. it's something definitely different, and I am excited to debut it soon. I'm sure you will be hearing more out of the new project as time progresses. we are currently in the studio laying down a bunch of tracks to hopefully use for our debut album. maybe we can get a featuring with O-Town.. I think that would be awesome!

Thank you for the interview and the good questions. and of course thanks for keeping the spirit alive for one of my favorite groups, O-Town. 

Rock On!! take care and ttys!
Izzy...

© OTOWN Reloaded

No comments:

Post a Comment